Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Canadian Girls

Here in Korea, I have a Canadian coworker who is here along with several of her university friends. They're all super fun and were sport enough to do a shoot with me. Not only was it fantastic to have four wonderful models, it is also the most beautiful time here right now. Spring has sprung, and after the dismal bleakness that was winter, the country has been transformed by cherry blossoms and fresh green leaves. They're gorgeous and they're everywhere. They line the streets and cast a soft glow around the city. They offered a great background for the majority of the pictures.
Not only was the setting great for this shoot but I also recently bought a new lens, a canon 17-40mm f/4L. This shoot was the first time really testing it out. So far it's great! It makes shooting with a lot of different perspectives much easier. I also played with lighting a little bit in a couple of these pictures. I tried bouncing my flash off an umbrella to get some softer light. It worked out really well and gave a portrait feel to the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment