Monday, April 5, 2010

Ferrin

My co worker Ferrin offered to let me do a shoot of her a couple weekends ago. It was super fun to finally get out in somewhat decent weather (low 50's) and do a real shoot. I chose to go to the outskirts of a local stadium where there were some nice little nature filled niches. We ended up having a good time. She was a great sport about it and was willing to pose in front of the hundreds of gawking Koreans who spilled out of the stadium halfway through the shoot.


The lighting was pretty nice. There was even cloud cover and no harsh shadows to deal with. I shot with my 50mm and kept it at about f/4 for most of the time. I've been working on nailing exposure really well, so I tried to keep my settings pretty steady. For a few of the shots, I tested out a home made snoop, an easily made device that directs your flash to a target part of your subject. I tried lighting up her face with the sun as a backdrop in some of the shots. I'm not sure if I like the results in general, although a couple of the pics it does bring out her makeup and her hair. Overall, however,  I was quite pleased with the results. It's fun to see progress, even if it is still miles away from the pros.

I'd love to hear your comments by the way, if you'd like to share  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment