Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Beginnings

Last Sunday, the church that Ryan and I attend announced that, since they are moving locations in a couple weeks, they need something to decorate the new walls with. A "contest" was open for any photographer to submit photos with the theme of "New Beginnings". Of course, the announcement had to come right before the sermon making it difficult to keep my mind from wandering into my right brain and camping out for the next hour.
The new project has been fantastic to work on my creativity. It's great to start with a blank picture and try to add subjects to a theme, instead of having a subject and shooting it/them in different ways. I had a few simple ideas that I worked on over this past week with some limited resources and I went back into my picture collection to touch up a few old ones. These are 12 options I'm sending in.

2 comments:

  1. These are all out of the top draw, well done, you made an old man smile.
    All the best Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are incredible! They really scream new beginning.

    ReplyDelete